- The first, among a series of impressive things about Lage Raho, was the fact that one doesnt question about Gracy Singh or any of Munna's romantic past, but instead focuses on Munna's rude-but-humane-personality of getting things 'right' using seemingly 'wrong' means. There....in that moment...Munna has been transported from a movie character into a delivery means, a Barney for the masses.
- The screenwriters found an extremely deft way of packaging Gandhism to many of the current issues in a reaching-yet-not-preaching, hilarious and box-friendly-forms.
- The humor has been great ranging from verbal to situational and thankfully far from slapstick.
- One of the "aha!" moments that stood out was the sorry from pan-chewing-wallah and coining of a new word:Gandhi- giri.
- Its good to see Gandhi-hating out-of-vogue for a while.
- You are guaranteed a total ROI on your ticket in any currency.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Munnabhai - Barney for the masses
Some random things to say about Lage Raho Munnabhai: